Introductions

Introducing .....

Picture of Karina Brisby
Introducing .....
by Karina Brisby - Friday, 10 November 2006, 11:57 AM

Hi

I work with a large NGO, based in Oxford, developing strategy and implementations of internet and mobile technologies that enable us to communicate and engage to members of the public, as well as providing them with a range of activities that they can take part in to promote and take part in to support the campaigns we work on.

I use a mix of different tools and technologies at the moment both online and mobile phone, but am particularly interested in how the development of mobile access to web and other information formats could assist our work.

Cheers Karina

Picture of Ajit Jaokar
welcome Karina ..
by Ajit Jaokar - Friday, 10 November 2006, 12:59 PM

good to see you here. hope you like it. kind rgds Ajit
Picture of Karina Brisby
Re: welcome Karina ..
by Karina Brisby - Friday, 10 November 2006, 3:10 PM

Thanks Ajit

Let me know if there is anything coming up, I am interested in attending your web 2.0 course.

I am currently investigating how oxfam can fully harness the potenital of mobile communications for our campaigning work, some of which may be of interest to others.

regards

Karina

Picture of Michael Robinson
Re: Introducing .....
by Michael Robinson - Friday, 10 November 2006, 3:43 PM

Karina,

My company is developing the solution for enabling mobile access, navigation, and content management of a web site from your mobile device.  We have developed the prototype and are beginning production of the application that enables a user to to perform real time posts of content and make edit changes to ones website from any device.  I'm not sure if this answers your question, but happy to discuss further your needs.

Michael
Picture of Jeff Sonstein
Re: Introducing .....
by Jeff Sonstein - Friday, 10 November 2006, 3:47 PM

Given that handheld devices are entering the developing world more rapidly than any copper-based infrastructure could be built, IMHO there may end up being quite a wide variety of applications for NGOs.

jeffs