Introductions

Greetings from New Mexico

Picture of Marc Orchant
Greetings from New Mexico
by Marc Orchant - Friday, 18 May 2007, 6:03 PM

Hi there. I'm delighted to join you here at Tomi's invitation. Here's a brief introduction:

I've been building, testing, and sometimes breaking hardware and software for 25 years. A recovering graphic designer, I am currently the Chief Evangelist at Foldera, author of the Office Evolution blog at ZDNet, a co-host of On The Run With Tablet PCs, a weekly podcast, and a self-admitted "productivity maven, gadget freak and software addict". I was named a Microsoft MVP (Windows - Tablet PC) in January, 2006 and re-awarded that honor this year. I'm also the author of The Unofficial Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 published by Wiley in March of 2007.

I serve on the board of the New Mexico Information Technology and Software Association and chairs its Workforce Education Alliance, a partnership between the IT industry, public education, and government that is working to integrate information technology standards and well-defined career pathways into the curriculum of New Mexico high schools.