Introductions

Greetings from Dublin Institute of Technology

Picture of Janaina Oliveira
Greetings from Dublin Institute of Technology
by Janaina Oliveira - Friday, 8 February 2008, 10:22 AM

Hi everybody!

My name is Janaina Maia, I am originally a BEng Hons Computer Engineering, with a MSc. in Engineering and Management of Information Systems at the Kungliga Tekniska Hogskolan, in Stockholm, Sweden.

I am Brazilian (futebol, Ronaldinho, carnaval, Pele), but at the moment I am in Dublin for my PhD studies at the Dublin Institute of Technology - DIT.

My research focuses on the adoption of Mobile TV, exploring factors that lead to individual adoption, as well as motivation factors. I am working together with the EU funded ICiNG project, based in Dublin; but my experiments will be based in the MoBy TV project, which aims to introduce mobile TV in Ireland.

Please feel free to contact me at any time.I am really glad to be here!

Cheers!

Janaina

Picture of Ajit Jaokar
Re: Greetings from Dublin Institute of Technology
by Ajit Jaokar - Friday, 8 February 2008, 11:14 AM

welcome Janaina.
Its great to see you here .. and your PhD interests are fascinating. feel free to post thoughts here. Also, me + David cushman are presenting at uni of cork(organised by Dr John Breslin). My PhD is on Identity and reputation systems at ucl in London(email me at  ajit.jaokar@futuretext.com) if you want to know more. Others like Khamish Malhotra are also working on their PhD. People like Andreas are already PhD and good sourbce of advice kind rgds Ajit