Thanks to William Vine for inviting me onto this forum...
I am known as Mr SIM in the telecoms industry and I currently work for Vodafone, I have a long career in the technical aspects of telecommunications from PMR (police, fire and ambulance radios) through paging and GSM handset and accessory design to being a renownd SIM expert and vice chairman of ETSI SCP.
My expertise is in the following:
- SIM standards
- SIM application design and delivery
- Contactless applications for SIM cards
- Machine to Macine (M2M) standards
- Smart meters and the EU Smart metering mandate M/441
- Security and service delivery for GSM, 3G and LTE networks.
I regularly lecture at several univesities and will be moderating the standards part of SIMposium 2010.
I look forward to contributing to the discussions...