Discussion forum - Post and discuss topics here.

All bloggers here at the Forum: Send your submissions for the Carnival

Picture of Tomi Ahonen
All bloggers here at the Forum: Send your submissions for the Carnival
by Tomi Ahonen - Friday, 29 September 2006, 9:56 AM

Hi all bloggers here at the Forum

Alan Moore and I will be hosting this week's Carnival of the Mobilists at the Communities Dominate blogsite. The Carnival will be out on Monday.

So please all of you (or "us" ha-ha). Do send your best blog entry of the week to the normal address: mobilists@googlemail.com  for consideration as an entry to the Carnival. Alan and I will do our usual intense bickering amongst us to vote and select who gets in and who is best blog of the week.

Those of you who have seen both Alan and me know we are as opposite as it is possible - I am the "strategy consultant" perennially in a perfectly pressed suit, white shirt, tie and colour-cordinated hankie in the breast pocket (yes, I've gone skiing, canooing, done a publicity car wash etc in a suit). Alan the former Advertising Creative person but now marketing strategy man - Mr Motorcycle Guy - on the other hand, will show up anywhere in his motorcycle helmet and colourful leather coveralls, and from it, usually transform into something comfortable like a tee shirt and jeans...  My powerpoints are filled to the brim with numbers, stats, calculations. Alan's breathtaking presentations are almost void of words, far less any numbers. His are visual images usually nothing to do with the topic - until you hear Alan's story and the image will remain with you forever connected to Alan's point. Yes, we're as different as you can imagine. You can also imagine how intense our arguments can be when writing a book together or blogging about topics we feel passionate about, right (...or wrong, eh Alan?).

If you missed it, this week's Carnival is at the Mobile Gadgeteer (by Matthew Miller). As always, its the collection of the best blog postings of the week around mobile telecoms themes, and a "must read" for anyone who is that interested in mobile to be a member of Forum Oxford, right?

One more plug on this topic - the Carnival is seeking hosts. Its a very nice way to get visibility for your blog site - and a lot of traffic that week. If you feel you'd like to "step up" your blog presense, please consider hosting. I think Russell Buckley and Carlo Longino and the mysterious other members of the Carnival do require three entries into the Carnival before you can host, but that only gives you even more the incentive to post something for me this time, right?

And if you have already hosted, perhaps you can volunteer to host again. We'd like to have a short term schedule of commitments of some weeks or a few months into the future. So please all veteran hosts, could you offer a near future date when you might return as the host?

Ok, send your best blog of the week to mobilists@googlemail.com  and if you were just thinking of working on a piece, do it now, plenty if time to finish your blog today or over the weekend and THEN submit it...

Tomi Ahonen / HatRat   :-)

Picture of Ajit Jaokar
Re: All bloggers here at the Forum: Send your submissions for the Carnival
by Ajit Jaokar - Friday, 29 September 2006, 2:05 PM

great to see you guys playing host this week!. would be a great carnival I am sure rgds Ajit