General news, announcements and introductions.

Us: 8 months, 750 members, 1500 messages, 6 new messages each day

Kore Pic
Re: Don't worry Anne, we won't bite - 8 months, 750 members, 1500 messages, 6 new messages each day
by Alex Gajano - Wednesday, 10 May 2006, 5:22 PM

One of the great things about this forum is the exceptionally high quality of user's inputs and insights that I don't seem to find anywhere else. I think in many ways the low-key manner in which the forum is advertised and cumbersome login procedure has served as a filter to capture quality vs. quantity. As steps are taken to facilitate access to the site and increase membership, it might be worth keeping an eye on that value proposition to ensure the quality of the content is not diluted.

I don't think it would be too difficult to cross the 1000-user mark this month if we simply decided to launch a recruitment campaign. If each of the existing Forum Oxford users were tasked with personally inviting and ensuring 1 colleague signs up, we'd get there in no time. I don't think an active recruitment campaign would be a bad idea if we specify to the community the focus is on quality vs. quantity. We may want to first implement the website's "user-friendly improvements" before pursuing such an effort in order to achieve maximum return and usage.

Viral marketing seems to be a hot topic in the forum as of late...we may as well put into action what we've learned and make it work for our benefit :-) .

-Alex