Introductions

Conference researcher/producer sidling in at the back...

Picture of Alex Lawrence
Conference researcher/producer sidling in at the back...
by Alex Lawrence - Wednesday, 31 May 2006, 9:22 AM

Elevator pitch: I work for IIR researching and putting together conferences in the telecoms industry, with a portfolio including annual elements such as Pricing, FMC and Radio Network Planning plus a variety of other issues. As a result I've a rough overview of telecoms questions across a diverse range of subject areas but I'm principally here to learn.

I've been involved with the telecoms market for just over two years now; before that I've worked as a researcher with a media planning company, in the House of Commons Library, as a security guard, a teacher and a tour operator. I studied Lit Hum at Oxford (basically anything to do with the ancient Greeks, Romans and others - especially Macedonia) so it's good to be back, if only virtually.

Picture of Ajit Jaokar
Re: Conference researcher/producer sidling in at the back...
by Ajit Jaokar - Wednesday, 31 May 2006, 9:54 AM

welcome Lawrence! Hope you like it here kind rgds Ajit
Picture of Alex Lawrence
by Alex Lawrence - Wednesday, 31 May 2006, 5:50 PM

Thanks Ajit

It seems like an interesting environment. I've met Tomi, Vladimir Dimitroff, Michael Sorin and John Whelan at past events; if the rest of this panel has thinking as clear as theirs then it's going to be fascinating.

One question - historically big leaps in different artistic and technological spheres have taken place in parallel. Different social/business environments and activities shape peoples' typical patterns of thought and methods of approaching things, so artists and engineers (inter alia) opened up fresh perceptions for each other. Is this the plan here? If so, maybe we should get some psychologists ec on board...

Looking forward to further involvement.

All the best

Alex

Picture of Ajit Jaokar
by Ajit Jaokar - Wednesday, 31 May 2006, 8:56 PM

thanks. This is a good suggestion and in fact, I believe there are people from non technical backgrounds here(such as human interface, learning etc). ofcourse more welcome! Hope you enjoy it here. Its only been around since Sep and doing great in thats sense! rgds Ajit